MUX Legend Community
Sign in to follow this  
ksyninja

Request for Consideration: Enhancing Global Post Communication

Dear [Community/Administrative Team],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my appreciation for the vibrant and diverse community we have in Mu x500 Dragon, and I commend the efforts put forth to maintain a positive and inclusive environment.

Lately, I have observed an increase in conversational posts in various languages on the Global platform. While I fully support fostering global connections and exchanges, I've noticed instances where these conversations can be perceived as spam and may detract from the primary purpose of the Global post – facilitating commerce and meaningful interactions.

I have discussed this concern with members of my guild, and I'm pleased to report that they share a similar sentiment. We collectively find it somewhat challenging to engage in commerce or absorb important information when the Global feed is flooded with conversations in languages that not everyone understands.

Understanding the value of diverse languages, I propose that we consider establishing guidelines or rules regarding Global posts. Perhaps we could limit general conversations or restrict posts in languages other than English to prevent unnecessary spam. I want to clarify that this suggestion stems from a desire to enhance communication, not restrict it. English, being the universal language, could serve as a common ground for all users.

I acknowledge that English is not everyone's first language, including mine, but embracing it on a global platform fosters a sense of unity and ensures that information is accessible to a broader audience. I believe implementing such measures would contribute to a more streamlined and enjoyable experience for all users.

I appreciate your time and consideration of this matter. I am confident that by working together, we can continue to build a thriving and inclusive community.

Thank you for your attention to this request.

Warm regards,

• Love 2

9 hours ago, ksyninja said:

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my appreciation for the vibrant and diverse community we have in Mu x500 Dragon, and I commend the efforts put forth to maintain a positive and inclusive environment.

Lately, I have observed an increase in conversational posts in various languages on the Global platform. While I fully support fostering global connections and exchanges, I've noticed instances where these conversations can be perceived as spam and may detract from the primary purpose of the Global post – facilitating commerce and meaningful interactions.

I have discussed this concern with members of my guild, and I'm pleased to report that they share a similar sentiment. We collectively find it somewhat challenging to engage in commerce or absorb important information when the Global feed is flooded with conversations in languages that not everyone understands.

Understanding the value of diverse languages, I propose that we consider establishing guidelines or rules regarding Global posts. Perhaps we could limit general conversations or restrict posts in languages other than English to prevent unnecessary spam. I want to clarify that this suggestion stems from a desire to enhance communication, not restrict it. English, being the universal language, could serve as a common ground for all users.

I acknowledge that English is not everyone's first language, including mine, but embracing it on a global platform fosters a sense of unity and ensures that information is accessible to a broader audience. I believe implementing such measures would contribute to a more streamlined and enjoyable experience for all users.

I appreciate your time and consideration of this matter. I am confident that by working together, we can continue to build a thriving and inclusive community.

Warm regards,

Fantastic idea in my opinion. Can we implement this in all servers? Prime global chat mostly just trash talk now :classic_rolleyes:

There were several discuss about this situation with administration, but somehow result was always negative. Lets wait the answer of the @Arturs

• Love 1

image.png.6c0ad4fab096afde0d566f69d05f7425.png

Hello.

First, thanks for the positive comment about our server and community. Always appreciate hearing it. :DrakeYes:

From my perspective, when i was a player, i always liked when "post" were "lively". When everyone writes only B>> S>> it's boring. From "post" i always can know, who is a noob, who is a rat, or with which mom -=h1tm@n99=- spend last night. With increased cost or cooldown, "post" will be less lively. But it's only my opinion and i can be wrong. 

About language - it's hard. Basically, this means, that we need GM's 24\7 on each server who will check the post, but it's an impossible thing. We have a prison section on the forum, but someone will need always to create a new topic, just ban chat for a few days. And i'm even not talking about players who mostly don't read rules anyway. 

Before MUX Legend i was in the administration of another international project and we had there the rule about "only English in post" and that was a headache mostly. 

Anyway, I'm open for discussion. 

• Love 1

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116427468f78fb79e280

The idea of increasing prices on the GPost appears to further restrict communication and accessibility, favouring those who are already at the top, such as yourself, Goku. This reinforces the observation that a specific group dominates communication using a language not widely understood by the majority of the server. This group's substantial influence permeates throughout the entire game, creating a disadvantage for others in various aspects and significantly shaping the overall gaming experience for all players.

Experiencing challenges in engaging in commerce due to language or cultural barriers can indeed be disheartening. Your efforts to communicate and participate in trade shouldn't be met with exclusion, and it's understandable to question the fairness of such practices. I've encountered situations where I felt ignored by these players when attempting to engage in commerce, almost as if they exclusively prefer trading with individuals who share their language. While it's understood that players have the right to choose their trade partners, it might be worthwhile to consider measures to prevent the excessive use of a specific language on the GPost solely for the purpose of trading with a select group. This could help maintain a fair and balanced platform for all players.

In fostering a more inclusive gaming environment, it's crucial to address these issues collaboratively. Encouraging open communication and perhaps suggesting the use of a more universally understood language on the GPost could help create a more equitable space for all players. It's essential to promote a community that embraces diversity and avoids exclusionary practices, ensuring that everyone feels respected and included in the gaming experience.

Best regards 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:57 PM, ksyninja said:

Warm regards,

I aggree 

2 hours ago, ksyninja said:

The idea of increasing prices on the GPost appears to further restrict communication and accessibility, favouring those who are already at the top, such as yourself, Goku. This reinforces the observation that a specific group dominates communication using a language not widely understood by the majority of the server. This group's substantial influence permeates throughout the entire game, creating a disadvantage for others in various aspects and significantly shaping the overall gaming experience for all players.

Experiencing challenges in engaging in commerce due to language or cultural barriers can indeed be disheartening. Your efforts to communicate and participate in trade shouldn't be met with exclusion, and it's understandable to question the fairness of such practices. I've encountered situations where I felt ignored by these players when attempting to engage in commerce, almost as if they exclusively prefer trading with individuals who share their language. While it's understood that players have the right to choose their trade partners, it might be worthwhile to consider measures to prevent the excessive use of a specific language on the GPost solely for the purpose of trading with a select group. This could help maintain a fair and balanced platform for all players.

In fostering a more inclusive gaming environment, it's crucial to address these issues collaboratively. Encouraging open communication and perhaps suggesting the use of a more universally understood language on the GPost could help create a more equitable space for all players. It's essential to promote a community that embraces diversity and avoids exclusionary practices, ensuring that everyone feels respected and included in the gaming experience.

Best regards 

About that, on Dragon x500 i remember gpost beeing flooded in VN which no offense but i encountered alot of New Players asking "VN Server??" Which well.. is not. Alot left coz they dont even ask they just see that the Main Communication isnt straight up English. Remember one or two Situations where Espaniol ppl were there asking in Gpost in Englisch something and it got flooded out in VN. I whispered him and they were already gone, sadly. 

I think keeping it Straight but Simple sounds good, there is always Gen Chat or Guild Chat to Write in its own Language or even Whisper. 

Makes Communication really alot easier + lot more lively i suppose.

Spamming GChat in another languages doesnt make it more lively it restricts people even in engaging Conversations. Atleast for me it is.

• Like 1

from the "player side" of me, I'd like to see ONLY English in /post and /gpost. No need any delay or increasing the cost of it. Just need to find a "formula" to force everyone to write in English. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Devil said:

từ "phía người chơi" của tôi, tôi muốn CHỈ thấy tiếng Anh trong /post và /gpost. Không cần bất kỳ sự chậm trễ hoặc tăng chi phí của nó. Chỉ cần tìm ra một “công thức” để buộc mọi người phải viết bằng tiếng Anh. 

🤣🤣🤣

On 12/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, Devil said:

from the "player side" of me, I'd like to see ONLY English in /post and /gpost. No need any delay or increasing the cost of it. Just need to find a "formula" to force everyone to write in English. 

Yes its true /post/gpost should be only in ENG ( In addition to offers from guilds of 1 nationality, 1 mess eng 1 message in your native language

Although honestly toxic conversations happen rarely... If there are any, they do not last too long and a toxic player usually stops clowning around after a few minutes / an hour or quits the game after a few days.

Thinking about it again, I don't think we need to change anything in this direction, just pay more attention to the chat. If there is a really toxic player, report him on the website or in the game to the GM, and this is probably the only option. Increasing the chat time or cost would greatly weaken life on the server and that's the last thing we want :))

And of course, if you don't talk to a clown, he will quickly get bored with writing :)))

jk.png

Ok, I see Ur point. We had this conversation with admin team approximately 1-2 years ago. So we decided not to touch the current "rules" about chat, coz if we add this "rule" the Prison forum will be full of reports. For example, in my language "göt" means "ass", in chat I will write like GOT and someone will report me for speaking in another language :D (or vise versa he won't even imagine that I called him ass :D). Then I'll argue that "No I was writing to another guy about GETTING the item from inventory". I think u got the point. Endless and meaningless language reports will bore everyone. 

Am I not agree with English speaking chat? I agree, sure thing. It would be nice to use only 1 lang, but unfortunately there is no way and always standing at the head of the players like gestapo, ban them, punish them and etc. not fair and proper solution. 

• Like 1