MUX Legend Community
Sign in to follow this  
MTD

Quest sync with party members

Hi, I would like to notify you that quests completion do not synchronize with other party members. Therefore, in order to complete a quest of 20 kills, each party member needs to kill "their" 20 kills making it 100 kills for a full party. It wouldnt be that bad if it wouldnt require that each players MUST do the killing.

Thank you for paying attention to this.

14 hours ago, MTD said:

Hi, I would like to notify you that quests completion do not synchronize with other party members. Therefore, in order to complete a quest of 20 kills, each party member needs to kill "their" 20 kills making it 100 kills for a full party. It wouldnt be that bad if it wouldnt require that each players MUST do the killing.

Thank you for paying attention to this.

It is not logic. Each char have to do its quest itself. It is unique system.

image.png.6c0ad4fab096afde0d566f69d05f7425.png

I disagree about your statement. What's the point of playing with other players if you cannot quest with them? Since party members arent of the same strength, it can be seen as unlogic to require each players to DO the killing. Therefor, one must quit the party and go farm alone if he's weaker since he cannot achieve kills by a lack of strength. Mu Online is a game designed for cooperation between players. As other MMO games, each party members SHOULD complete quests together when playing in a party. 

5 hours ago, MTD said:

I disagree about your statement. What's the point of playing with other players if you cannot quest with them? Since party members arent of the same strength, it can be seen as unlogic to require each players to DO the killing. Therefor, one must quit the party and go farm alone if he's weaker since he cannot achieve kills by a lack of strength. Mu Online is a game designed for cooperation between players. As other MMO games, each party members SHOULD complete quests together when playing in a party. 

There are obviously cons and pros in your suggestion. But mu online isn't the type of game where this would be a good idea, let me explain why.

A lot of people are playing with more than 1 account (by a lot of people I mean most of people). Therefore this would only encourage them to make easy quests on all their alt accounts and as you may know quests not only give you stat points but other rewards as well (especially at the higher quests), this would only open a new farm to hardcore players.

On the other hand this would be a great help for newbies who sometimes can't do certain quest by themselves or it's challenging to find a free spot for certain monsters so they could team up with other newbies to finish the quest. But in this way the quest should only count if the player who actually kills the mob has the same quest as the player in party because otherwise it would only be an abuse of the system.

Anyways, overall I don't think it's that good of an idea but I'm also not against something like this. Also if some experienced players could leave their thoughts on this would be great, I want to know what other people think 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MTD said:

14 hours ago, Beasty said:

There are obviously cons and pros in your suggestion. But mu online isn't the type of game where this would be a good idea, let me explain why.

A lot of people are playing with more than 1 account (by a lot of people I mean most of people). Therefore this would only encourage them to make easy quests on all their alt accounts and as you may know quests not only give you stat points but other rewards as well (especially at the higher quests), this would only open a new farm to hardcore players.

On the other hand this would be a great help for newbies who sometimes can't do certain quest by themselves or it's challenging to find a free spot for certain monsters so they could team up with other newbies to finish the quest. But in this way the quest should only count if the player who actually kills the mob has the same quest as the player in party because otherwise it would only be an abuse of the system.

Anyways, overall I don't think it's that good of an idea but I'm also not against something like this. Also if some experienced players could leave their thoughts on this would be great, I want to know what other people think 🙂

that is exactly what I meant. There will be tons of alt chars with maxed quest. One top player will use his alts to max the quests. Why it is so important? what will be increased:

1. Trade of max quested chars in white or black market. 
2. as Beasty said, Quest system gives many useful prizes at higher quests. How u see a char with 10 res could make max quest which the last quest is killing Asteroth? )) 
3. We already have an absurd party sharing with profession quests. It is not logic to do same mistake with Quest system. 
4. If someone will make for u quests, then what is the meaning of these quests? Quests gives opportunity a newbie to travel over maps and learn the location, learn which mob on what map located, what items drops the mobs, which mobs gives mor exp and many other things. 

At least Quest system an individual system and from the beginning I liked the way it is. It is my subjective opinion. May be someone will disagree with me, specially those who need to max there alts for market. But I still think like that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

image.png.6c0ad4fab096afde0d566f69d05f7425.png

On 9/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, Devil said:

4. If someone will make for u quests, then what is the meaning of these quests? Quests gives opportunity a newbie to travel over maps and learn the location, learn which mob on what map located, what items drops the mobs, which mobs gives mor exp and many other things. 

A good one! 

Definitely, we will leave the quest system, as it works right now. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116427468f78fb79e280