MUX Legend Community
Sign in to follow this  
NoSilence

Chat improvements

Hello.

I think its more about IGCN but...

1. Add timestamp to all messages;

MU is AKF game so timestamps will help to understand what currently going on.

2. Duplicate notifications to the chat;

Second one especially needed for events because GM writes a lot of information you dont want to miss. Also it will help to understand that boss is already killed.

3. It would be sweet to have real-time logging into a file.

IGN: ARTI4
Server: Prime
First language: RU
Alignment: neutral

1 hour ago, NoSilence said:

Hello.

I think its more about IGCN but...

1. Add timestamp to all messages;

MU is AKF game so timestamps will help to understand what currently going on.

2. Duplicate notifications to the chat;

Second one especially needed for events because GM writes a lot of information you dont want to miss. Also it will help to understand that boss is already killed.

3. It would be sweet to have real-time logging into a file.

1. I think timestamps are more "server side" thing and not really needed on client side, since I started playing this game I have never seen timestamps why would they add them now. And if you came here only to AFK well then you don't need to attend bosses 😄 Because you are very wrong about AFK game (there are a lot of things to do excluding leveling up and if you don't know what I mean then you are probably a newbie in this game).

2. That will just mess things up especially when server population is high, as for bosses that's up to gameplay, if you are online you can see if it's killed or not if you are afk well then you are afk and it's always been like that if you only "live" in spots then you will most likely lose everything (events, bosses etc.).

3. The same as 2nd, why would everything be logged, for what reason? Just so afk people don't lose bosses? I think it's ridiculous. Other than that chat messages can be seen very far back if you disable system messages (will work just like "log file" but without timestamps). As I said timestamps and logging stuff is more on server side, on client side you just enjoy the game or like you said AFK 😄 As I see it it would be the same as if people would have access to server logs, for example you afk for 2 days then you come back and think: "Oh, let me see at what time did they kill ferea boss today" (or any other boss), you go into logs and check it - does that sound alright to you? Because to me it sounds very pathetic.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:16 PM, Beasty said:

1. I think timestamps are more "server side" thing and not really needed on client side, since I started playing this game I have never seen timestamps why would they add them now. And if you came here only to AFK well then you don't need to attend bosses 😄 Because you are very wrong about AFK game (there are a lot of things to do excluding leveling up and if you don't know what I mean then you are probably a newbie in this game).

2. That will just mess things up especially when server population is high, as for bosses that's up to gameplay, if you are online you can see if it's killed or not if you are afk well then you are afk and it's always been like that if you only "live" in spots then you will most likely lose everything (events, bosses etc.).

3. The same as 2nd, why would everything be logged, for what reason? Just so afk people don't lose bosses? I think it's ridiculous. Other than that chat messages can be seen very far back if you disable system messages (will work just like "log file" but without timestamps). As I said timestamps and logging stuff is more on server side, on client side you just enjoy the game or like you said AFK 😄 As I see it it would be the same as if people would have access to server logs, for example you afk for 2 days then you come back and think: "Oh, let me see at what time did they kill ferea boss today" (or any other boss), you go into logs and check it - does that sound alright to you? Because to me it sounds very pathetic.

For the 1st time I agree all of you said ))))) 

it will make server more "dead", I also don't prove this

image.png.6c0ad4fab096afde0d566f69d05f7425.png

May be you are right, the game is too simple for this (not in a bad sense)

IGN: ARTI4
Server: Prime
First language: RU
Alignment: neutral